Sunday, July 11, 2010

My Weekend Project: Clean That Desk!

It was another hot weekend here in New England.  We also has some rain thrown in which made the already humid air, stifling.  So I decided to focus my energies inward and work on my desk.  Now that I am running a business in addition to running a household and volunteering for numerous groups, I've noticed that my "stuff" had begun to spread and take over the the entire surface of my desk and beyond.  So after filtering, filing, tossing, and organizing I finally have a desk that works for me instead of against me.

Here is the result.  Can you find the vintage touches??






Here are the vintage pieces:
  1. First, the art above the desk is an original Amen print.
  2. The chair is vintage Naugahyde that looks like a creamy, white leather. 
  3. The desk I picked at an estate sale a few years ago.  It was in the garage with tools and Christmas decorations on top of it so it was over-looked.  I got it for $35--a steal!  Check out the hand-carving on the side.


4.  The tray pictured here is vintage Haeger pottery.


5.  The desk organizer is an old metal piece painted mustard-yellow with lots of wear.  I like that there are horizontal and vertical slots and that I can jam-pack it without worrying. 


6.   My pens, markers, ruler, scissors, and glue are in a vintage milk glass vase.




Voila!  I already feel more efficient.

No comments: