Friday, May 14, 2010

Flea Market Finds From Brimfield

As promised, here are my purchases from Brimfield:

I found this vintage metal globe in the original box.  It looks like it was never used.  This will go into my etsy shop.



I bought this old silver-plated award because I liked the scale and the patina, and it was a bargain at 20 bucks!  I'll keep this to display fresh-cut flowers in.

I wanted to buy these horse ribbons from the 1950s, but my new pal, Barry, insisted I take them for free.  Thanks Barry!  I'll add these to my growing collection of vintage awards.  I hope to display them in shadow boxes in the near future.

I couldn't resist this.  It looks like a cool metal suitcase, but look--it converts into a pinic table with place-settings for four--how cool is that?  This will go into my etsy shop, too.






My find of the day.  I bought this gorgeous Van Briggle pottery for a mere $30!!  It's in my favorite color and will make its home alongside the rest of my pottery collection.









2 comments:

Amanda Richardson said...

Lots of cool finds.
Wish the sale was a little closer to me!

Gina said...

It was a lot of fun. It's definitely worth making a trip out of it someday (If you love flea markets as much I as I do!).