Saturday, May 1, 2010

Saturday Tag Sale Finds

Ahhh...The weather is finally warming up here in New England which means...tag sale time!  Each weekend from April until the snow starts falling, I am out early on Friday and Saturday in search of finds for my store or for my home.  My weaknesses?  Art, books, glass, pottery, vintage jewelry, old signs...yes, I have many weaknesses.  So this Saturday morning, I headed out in search of nothing in particular and happened upon a tag sale filled with vintage and antique goods. At my first stop, I ended up buying all the following items from one person.  I love when that happens.

1946 Book Alice's Adventures with beautiful full color plates.













A Vintage Texaco Ad featuring a bikini clad woman water skiing.   I think these will look great matted and framed.



A Florida Orange Juice Ad featuring Santa Claus




A Vintage WWII Era Coca-Cola Ad



A fashion magazine from 1888.


Oh look, new walking gowns!  As much as I love antiques, I'm so happy to not  have to wear this "gear".




Some kitschy "First Family" and "Chuck and Di" paper dolls.  They were just too funny to pass up.




Vintage 1960s Bovano Studios Enamel on Copper ashtray and plates.  These will go up on my etsy store.



A signed print "Figure Study" and a charcoal nude.




No comments: