Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Prairie Flower Rides Again

I'd like to give a little "shout-out" to Tom at Zane's Cycles in Branford, CT.  He worked some magic for my daughter yesterday, turning her dusty, vintage, banana seat bike into a sparkling (albeit scratchy) "old school" riding machine.  Now, she can ride in style this weekend with her friends.
To the vintage bike lovers out there, this is a circa 1979 All-Pro Prairie Flower.  It was a steal at $5 at a yard sale.  It took about $50 to replace the wheels and inner tubes and to clean it up.  I love it and I can't wait to watch my daughter ride it (after I get a spin of course)!  Thanks Tom!


For more info on the best cycle shop on the East Coast, go to http://www.zanes.com/ .

1 comment:

AB said...

This was my first bike for Christmas 1979. I learned to ride it that spring just before I turned 7! Good memories!