Thursday, March 4, 2010

SCORE!!!

I was checking in on all my usual spots today and I was in the right place at the right time.  I am happy to report that in addition to finding some cool items for my shop, I also scored a great piece of jewelry for myself.  I'm a sucker for all things nautical (must have something to do with inhaling the salty, Atlantic Ocean air my whole life).  A woman came in to donate some jewelry to a local non-profit thrift store and I happened to be right there as she was describing the anchor pendant below to Joe, the manager.  As I am a frequent customer, I got it for $30.00!  "It pays to thrift."  This will be a staple in my spring jewelry wardrobe. 
I also posted a few of my other finds below.

The gold anchor pendant...


I couldn't resist this pair of vintage 80s earrings because, I swear, I owned these in 1984....



Another nautical item, a very large, vintage brass whale...



A few more from today, a vintage tin house bank, an art deco lighter, and vintage Ray-Ban reading glasses...




No comments: