Sunday, February 14, 2010

The City of Love

On this day of love, I thought it only fitting that I write about the destination I have been dreaming of for the past few years...Paris.  I have yet to go to France, but I have been dreaming of walking along the River Seine, eating decadent pastries at a small bistro and, naturally, looking at the brilliant light of the Tour D'Eiffel under a star-filled sky. 
Of course, these are just my dreams.  In reality, in the nighttime in a large city like Paris, you probably can't see many stars.  And my stomach may not be ready for the heavy creams and butter of the French pastry, but still I am making it my mission to someday visit "The City of Love".
 The antiquer in me, has been picking the brains of all the francophiles I meet.   Forget about the boutiques and antique shops, I want to know where the junk shops are.  The best stuff is always found in the places only the locals know about.   I dream of  taking annual pilgrimages to the European countryside in pursuit of unique finds for my shop.
And, since this is my fantasy, after an afternoon at the Louvre, I might as well pretend that I have enough spare cash to buy myself a gorgeous Louis Vuitton bag. 

Come dream with me....



A French pastry from epicurious.com...

Sorry, no pictures of my Louis Vuitton bag, but you can visit http://www.louisvuitton.com/.

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: