Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Waiting on Spring

This feels like the longest part of the year to a New Englander.  The novelty of the cold and snow has long since worn off, yet the hopes of warmer temperatures are still months away.  This is about the time of year where my husband and I have our annual promise to each other that we are going to move away from New England to someplace with better weather...but where? 
The Carolinas always come to mind even though neither one of us has ever spent any real time there.  It's on the list.  Maybe Florida?  How about California?  Then I think, why stop there.  The Almafi Coast sounds nice... maybe a Greek Island...I do love the food.
We do this for 2 -3 months just until the daffodils begin to sprout their blooms and the grass turns green. It's right about this time that New England comes back to life and we remember why it is a vacation destination.  It's tough to give up access to beautiful coastlines, soaring mountains, history, culture, and the greatest sports teams in the world.  I guess I'll always be a New Englander.  Hey, if the Pilgrims could brave the winter without adequate food and shelter, I certainly can.  Italy sure does sound nice, though..

Ahhh...The Almafi coast (fodors.com)




Good old Cape Cod (tripadvisor.com).....

No comments: